Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/nicholemichele.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/copyright-licensing-tools/icopyright-functions.php on line 651
As women, we face many health related issues; especially as we age. Therefore, it is in our best interests to be proactive and care for ourselves to ensure that we stay as healthy as possible. Here are 10 tips help lead us down that path.
1. Consume a healthy and balanced diet. Know and monitor the right weight for your age and frame. Consult with your primary care practitioner to learn the foods you should avoid and regularly follow a healthy eating regimen. If you are trying to lose weight, foods with a high caloric content and poor nutritional value should be avoided as much as possible. Instead, opt for foods with high fiber and low fat. Review 5 staples for your freezer and 10 healthy food options to stock in your fridge and pantry for some great options.
2. Consume plenty of water. The recommendation is to drink at least eight glasses of water each day. This helps to cleanse the body from impurities. It is also advised for lactating women to increase water intake to keep the body hydrated.
3. Take Vitamins & Supplements, including a Calcium supplement. Sufficient calcium intake is beneficial for women of all ages. This has been proven to help prevent cramps and pre-menstrual symptoms. It also helps to prevent Osteoporosis, especially for menopausal women. Vitamin E boosts the immune system. Menopausal women should take Vitamin E-400 as it stops night sweats and hot flashes.
4. No smoking. If you smoke, stop. It is also a big NO for pregnant women, as this will affect the health of the baby. Pregnant women who smoke may pass the harmful content of cigarettes to babies through the bloodstream. Recent studies have shown that women smokers are more prone to diseases than men smokers. Women who smoke have a high risk of getting breast cancer.
5. Practice a daily fitness regimen. Take a walk after work, use the stairs instead of the elevator or play with your kids when you are at home. Home exercises are also effective especially when you do not have time to go to the gym and would like to lose some weight. Streaming videos, Yoga and workout DVDs are only a few of the many effective exercises you can do at home. Exercise helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
6. Reduce stress. I know this is easier said than done. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill. The fact is that many women are just prone to too much stress. Stress has been known as cause to many sicknesses. So do your best to take some me time and take time to relax. Read a good book, hang out with friends and engage into sports. Pamper yourself or indulge in an activity that you truly enjoy. And do not forget to get enough sleep to revive your energy.
7. Use sunscreen to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. Wear hats when under the sun to protect your skin. Too much sun is bad for your skin. The skin is prone to cancer when exposed to too much sunlight. It also speeds up the aging of skin cells, which causes wrinkles.
9. Visit your Gynecologist. Women who are eighteen and above should have an annual exam including a PAP screen as recommended. Also have a mammography as recommended and appropriate for your age and specific needs.
10. Practice safe sex. If you and your partner have not been tested and/or you are not in a committed relationship, use condoms to protect yourself from sexually transmitted diseases.
– Wishing you continued success in your fitness journey!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Nichole Michele