Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/nicholemichele.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/copyright-licensing-tools/icopyright-functions.php on line 651
A habit can be either good or bad and it can certainly become a way of life. It is up to us to choose whether or not we want healthy eating habits incorporated to our daily lives.
When we view healthy eating habits as a choice and not something that has been forced upon us, we have the power to incorporate healthy eating habits into our lifestyle. With power and freedom to choose, healthy eating habits can simply be our everyday eating habits and not something we will ever have to think about again.
1. Add something new to your diet. We tend to think of a healthy diet as one that deprives you of good and delicious food. However, if you try to add something new to your diet every once in a while, you will not feel as though you are missing anything. Try a new fruit or vegetable that you have never tried before. Get a healthy cookbook and try some new recipes. You will realize that you are not depriving yourself at all.
3. Snack yourself to healthy. Often times, we look to decrease our intake of calories and forget that the point of staying healthy is not to starve ourselves but to nourish ourselves. Snacking in-between meals (healthy snacking of course) is the way to keep your metabolism up and running.
4. Increase your fluid Intake. Consume water throughout the day. Alternatively, try different variations of liquid beverages until you find the one that is right for you. Sometimes simply adding fruits such as orange, lemon, or lime to your water will give you the added flavor you desire. Even green tea with honey added to it can make the difference.
5. Mix it up a little bit. As much as I love salad, I do get bored with it every once in awhile. When this happens, I try to be creative. Creating a different salad for every day of the week is easy when you mix it up a little bit. Adding things like hard-boiled eggs, avocado, broiled chicken, shrimp, garbanzo beans and anything else you can think of can give the standard salad a pick-me-up.
6. Watch the clock. Be aware of time management when it comes to healthy eating habits throughout the day. After dinner, have whatever snack or cup of tea that you desire shortly thereafter. Try not to have anything too close to bedtime.
7. A little preparation goes a long way. By preparing a few simple items on a Sunday afternoon, you can make your healthy eating habits a breeze. An egg white vegetable quiche can be sliced into smaller portions and eaten for breakfast on the go during the week. Broiling a chicken breast and adding tomato, lettuce, and fat-free mayo can be lunch two to three times per week. This will help you resist the urge to buy something while on the run. It is healthy and you prepared it. You save time, money, and eat healthy all at the same time.
8. Do not deprive yourself. Everyone craves a treat once in a while so do not deprive yourself. Just be selective with your choices. Denying yourself will only make you eat the whole pie instead of just a piece. Dark chocolate is a healthy treat that offers mood boosters and important vitamins and minerals. It does not hurt that it tastes great too 🙂
9. Incorporate exercise into your healthy eating habits. While exercise is not a healthy eating habit, one without the other just will not work. Exercise does not have to be something you dive into at full speed. Starting off slowly, perhaps power walking with a friend, is all the momentum you will need to get and keep this healthy habit in place.
10. Get of food buddy. Sometimes when we set off to do something alone, we find it hard to keep motivated. Incorporating a healthy eating habit partner (similar to a fitness buddy) into your plan will allow you to have someone you have to be accountable to as well.
By incorporating these 10 healthy eating habits into your daily routine, you will see how fast these habits become second nature.
– Wishing you continued success in your fitness journey!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Nichole Michele