TGIF! Another week in the books. I hope it was a great one for you. Each week I feel stronger and stronger as I continue to strive towards my fitness goals. My husband and I have been putting in the work at the gym which has been great for us. I really enjoy weight training as much as cardio now.
Here is a staple exercise in our workout routine: The Dumbbell Shoulder Press. It’s great for strengthening your shoulders, chest and triceps. Proper form is key. So review your form and check out the appropriate steps you should follow below.
Get to work:
- Sitting on a bench, with your abs drawn in
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand and keep your palms facing forward.
- Bring your arms to the starting position with your arms bent at the height of your shoulders.
- Extend your arms raising the dumbbells up above your head.
- At the top of the movement, bring your arms closer together; dumbbells can touch
- Pause for a moment and then lower the dumbbells to the starting position in a controlled movement.
– Wishing you continued success in your fitness journey!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Nichole Michele