Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/nicholemichele.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/copyright-licensing-tools/icopyright-functions.php on line 651
Are you constantly surrounded by temptation? Can’t say no to those fattening lunch dates or to the huge box of chocolates from your spouse? A healthy diet is hard enough without high-calorie foods being pushed in your direction. You need a plan to keep you on track.
WebMD experts offer five simple strategies to help you stick to a healthy eating plan (even when you’re surrounded by non-dieting friends and loved ones).
1. Make a Statement. It is up to you to make your feelings known. Directly ask your loved ones to not give you food as gifts or eat in front of you. No matter how strong you are, you can’t stare fattening foods in the face every day without your willpower breaking down. A single bite can very quickly turn into overindulgence.
2. Keep Temptation Out of Sight. Even if your loved ones agree to eat their fattening goodies when you’re not around, ask them to keep it in a cabinet where you don’t normally go for your diet foods – you’ll be less tempted to eat it.
3. Learn the Art of Substitution. Give yourself a taste treat of your own by preparing a less-caloric dessert that captures some of the essence of what your family members are enjoying. Be creative and you’ll find that watching others eat the goodies won’t be so hard. In fact, you may learn to love your healthier versions even more.
4. Share the Health. Make the foods that everyone craves in a more healthful and calorie-conscious way. Use no-fat yogurt in place of mayonnaise, use skim milk instead of whole milk, make lasagna with low-fat cheese. Creating a low-calorie shopping list will also help.
5. Be Reassuring. Even when they say you look good the way you are, reassure your partner that your weight loss goals are driven by health, not vanity, and that losing those extra pounds will help ensure a better future for both of you. Explain the serious health risks involved in being overweight.
REMEMBER, you are not weak-willed. You’re human. So don’t let those around you steer you away from your health and fitness goals. Follow these five easy steps and you won’t fall off the weight loss wagon.
– Wishing you continued success in your fitness journey!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Nichole Michele